We believe that a shift from gasoline lawn mowers to electric lawn mowers can have a huge impact on our environment. Not only will it save you money in the long run by not having to purchase the gasoline, but you will also not have to breathe in the toxic fumes of the gasoline. There is no pull start, lower maintenance costs and they are quieter than a traditional gas powered lawn mower. You can check out electric mower options at TopTenReviews.com.
There are two types of electric mowers to choose from, corded or battery powered. Whichever you choose – there are a few things to consider with each one
Purchase an electric mower tethered to a cord.
- Always check your power cord to make sure it is not damaged.
- Prior to purchase – make sure you have enough cord to reach your whole lawn. Factoring in Extension cord cost could put a battery operated lawnmower within reach!
Purchase an electric mower with a battery.
- Electric lawn mower batteries are not cheap – so take care of yours!
- Never fully discharge the battery as it reduces its storage capacity – follow the manufacturer’s instructions to preserve battery life.
- Know your battery’s charging system type – is it fast, convenient and economical?
- Store your battery according to your mowers user manual. It’s not a good idea to just leave the battery over-winter in the lawnmower, be sure to review the manufacturers recommendations.